Did you know that 90% of us don’t get enough vegetables every day?
90%! Pretty shocking, right?
According to the Canada Food Guide and the USDA, most of us need between 2 and 4 cups a day (based on activity level, gender, mass, ect…), and these numbers are conservative according to some medical professionals and nutritionists!
But the truth is, most people don’t sit down to eat a big bowl of veggies every day. They usually end up as an afterthought in a side dish, at best.
This is why sneaking veggies into your meals (including BREAKFAST) is such a great idea! It’s a pain- and bother-free way to get more of them into your diet.
I know this tip might fall into the category “I know, but I don’t do it very often.”
Consider this your reminder that it’s time to START! 🙂
I have some ideas to get you going.
6 Easy Ways to Add Veggies to Your Breakfast
- Stir spinach or kale or any other green into your eggs – or blend them into a smoothie
- Shred zucchini or carrots into overnight oats or chia pudding – or stir them into your oats while they cook (surprisingly yum!)
- Make a big batch of veggie hash (basically sauté a bunch of veggies together) ahead of time, and when it’s time to eat, heat it up and add a poached egg or browned tofu on top.
- Add cauliflower or beets to a smoothie.
- Top your avocado toast with some tomatoes or salsa (yes, salsa counts!).
- Make a grain bowl with leftover quinoa or whole rice and stir in some spinach, broccoli, bok choy, or leftover grilled veggies like peppers and zucchini, and top it off with some cheese (my go to is goat cheese) while you heat it up. This will keep you feeling full for hours!
Your assignment: Sneak some veggies into your breakfast on 2 days this week.
You don’t have to overhaul your entire lifestyle to feel healthier and more energized fast.
It really IS about making small changes over time that you can actually live with!
We’re all about creating REAL sustainable transformation and change!
Post a pic of your 2 Veggie Filled Breakfasts in the Natural Solutions for Peak Wellness Facebook Group! Let’s share so we can all get ideas!
Committed to your Success,