I have been hearing from a LOT of people about how they are feeling extra stressed and strangely “emotional” over the past few weeks. For example, little things they would have normally shrugged off seem to be causing more stress and frustration than usual.
Can you relate?
The stress of it all is adding up fast. I wanted to share a quick list on simple things you can do to reduce your stress! In my new e-book, the At Home Survival Kit, I mentioned something from Stephen R. Covey’s book, The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People.
When you focus on the things outside of your control (like what’s happening in the world outside your house over the past couple months!), you are in REACTION mode. That is not a fun place to be. It’s like you’re waiting for the next big problem to hit, so you are always on alert.
But when you shift your focus to the things you CAN control (like your daily habits, how you treat others, your immediate surroundings and your actions) – you move into a PROACTIVE mode. (this is called your Circle of Influence.)
Staying in your “circle of influence” will help you alleviate so much stress!
Now, obviously if you’re feeling seriously stressed and anxious, you should talk to a professional for some guidance.
Here’s a quick action plan to help you stay inside your Circle of Influence:
- Stressed? If you’re feeling stressed, move yourself PHYSICALLY out of your environment. Don’t sit there watching the news or staring at your devices. Go for a walk, listen to music, workout, or meditate.
- Clear Your Mind. With all of the chaos, disorder and uncertainty, more than ever you need to be still, clear your mind, and think for YOURSELF. Meditate, pray, breathe, do whatever works for you, but spend some time in silence daily and breathe. (minimum of 5 minutes).
- WORKOUT. At LEAST 3-5 times a week. Enough said! Get outside for a walk or run, or catch one of the LIVE classes if you are in the Essentials for Peak Wellness Membership Group, or check out the evening yoga class I posted in my “Natural Solutions for Peak Wellness” FREE Facebook Group. Just get up or out and move!
- Media Detox: There’s a big difference between being informed and over-consuming the news. Be mindful of the amount of time you’re watching it. Learn what you need, and then shut it down.
- Gratitude: First thing in the morning and last thing before bed.
- Morning Ritual: Don’t skip it. Make sure you start your day with something that sets your day up for success!
- Get INSPIRED: Read books, watch inspiring videos, listen to podcasts, call people you love … do whatever you need to do to stay in a positive state. Remember- you can’t pour from an empty cup!
Have you been struggling to...
Reduce belly bloat?
Get my free guide and start feeling better fast!
7 Fruits & Veggies for Athletic Performance Green Peas. Peas are rich in protein (vital in the repair & rebuilding process), plus they contain magnesium and vitamin B6, both of which help with energy production, muscle contraction, and nerve function....
Let’s do a little check in… How are you doing today? How did you sleep last night? Have you gotten in any workouts this week ? Are you focusing on whole foods? How is your mood? I’m asking because all of that is RELATED. When just one of those things is out of whack,...
About the Author: Christina Della Rocca, n.d.
Christina Della Rocca is a multi-disciplinary Health Coach with over 20 years of experience in the fields of health, fitness, and wellness.
One of Montreal’s leading wellness professionals, Christina has been featured on Montreal AM live, RDS television, CHOM FM, CJAD, Mountain City Rock, and Trends Magazine. Founder and Director of EXERCISE PLUS A Wellness Company that brings health & Fitness programs to companies in and around the Montreal area., Christina is a leading Corporate Wellness Specialist.